Friday, March 18, 2011

We're Getting Official!

We received our official home study today!! Notarized and everything :) So we mailed off our applications for LifeSong and Abba Fund for grants and loans.  Yesterday, our home study agency also mailed our application to the government for us to bring an immigrant into our home.  This week I met with our placing agency and got all of my dossier paperwork looked over and "approved".  So Monday I will be officially submitting our dossier to our agency!!!  This is such a huge sigh of relief and weight lifted off of me.  After Monday I will be fundraising and waiting...which you already know I'm working on. 

While there is still no resolution with the previous post about the decrease in cases the Ethiopian government is seeing a day, our agency is optimistic about it and I am more so now than I was.  An adoptive mom I met last week was so encouraging.  She said, "God is writing their story."  She's so right.  Another friend encouraged me that maybe our kids aren't ready yet, maybe they aren't at the orphanage or maybe their paperwork isn't up to date.  All these things could be true.  I'm so thankful for these encouraging friends and conversations!

In other news, Bella Kate learned to say "Ethiopia" which sounds like "Epeepeeia" and it's probably the cutest thing ever! She watches the video I posted over and over again.  She also said, "I want to go see brothers!" because they are not home, they are in "Epeepeeia".  Second cutest thing ever.  Yes, there were tears in my eyes as I answered, "I want to go see them too." 

Thanks for taking this journey with us...it's a long one, but we're thrilled to be on it!

P.S. Only 2 more days to order from 31 Gifts if you want something!!! Thanks everyone!!

1 comment: