Saturday, March 12, 2011

Do Not Be Anxious About Anything

This blog is getting real honest.  Just a heads up.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

It was officially announced this week that adoption cases processed by the Government of Ethiopia's Ministry of Women, Children, and Youth will be reduced from 40 something a day to 5.  For us, best case scenario, it means significant delays.  My heart is aching.  If you see me out at the store and I'm mumbling to myself it's because I'm saying Phil 4:6-7 over and over again, trusting in the truth and authority of God's word.  I am pleading with the Lord to change this.  I believe He is in control of it and will change it.  There are few times Dan and I have been praying on our faces together, literally crying, with such heavy hearts.  Please pray that God will change the officials' hearts and open their eyes to the needs of the orphans to get home.  For our boys to be taken care of in the mean time.  That our case will be seen quickly and our boys will get home this year. 

A sweet friend sent me a card in the mail today that was such a huge encouragement to me.  It reminds me "For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father!'" Rom 8:15  Her sacrifice to help us bring our boys home and encouraging words are just what I needed and I am so grateful. 

We have all of our paperwork for our dossier together with the exception of our official, notarized copy of our home study.  Our home study has been approved! YAY :) As soon as the official copy arrives our dossier will be mailed from place to place being approved at various levels of government, then on to Ethiopia. We also submitted last week our paperwork to our social worker to request the government to allow us to bring an immigrant (two actually) into our home.  It will be mailed with our official home study this week.  Then we will be sent a document to get fingerprinted, then wait for official approval.  Meanwhile, our dossier will be in an Ethiopian office, in a large waiting pile.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Bible quote -- Phil 4:6-7.
    Puts my heart at peace when everything else seems to be screaming. I'm saying it for you now!

    ReplyDelete